Sunday, December 8, 2019

191029-Nakano Momiji Mountain, Autumn Leaves Viewing

Nakano Momiji Mountain of Kuroishi.
I saw this web page 
https://www.en-aomori.com/scenery-001.html out of coincident.
Understand it is a small place at the mountain side which is good for me.

I love travelling by train in Japan. When you are on top of the railway, you can see scenery like this. In Aomori prefecture and in Oct,  we will get to see fields and fields of edible plants like apples orchard etc. I also get to see random trees with orange fruits, I kept thinking they are oranges. Later part when I get up close to one such tree then I realised it is a persimmon tree with ripen fruits, not orange tree.
Nakano Momiji is located in Kuroishi. It takes 35mins to reach via train. So I have 35mins of "eyes travelling".
This is Kuroishi JR station. Coop is a supermarket located next to Kuroishi JR train station. The tourist infomation and bus station is located on the left side(when you exit JR station) of JR train station. So when you exit the station, turn left towards the Tourist information building.
I did not take a photo of how the tourist information counter look like but it is located on the left of this picture. This is the waiting area for bus. I do noticed there are always sheltered wait area in Japan's train station or bus station. It is very useful when the weather is so cold out there.
This place, if I am not wrong, is less traveled by Singaporean. You can see it from the excitement of tourist information staff. They gave you a very excited look when they heard we are from Singapore. Gave us each a packet of tissue paper as souvenir. 

One elder Japanese tried to make conversation with me while I am at this bus station waiting for my bus. Eventually, we gave up as we cannot understand each other.
The bus stop where we alighted for our autumn leaves viewing.
Immediated greeted with this beautiful stream next to the bus stop.


This road next to the stream is the road leading to the entrance of Nakano Momiji Mountain.  I was distracted by the apple trees and vegetables grown at the road junction. How would they trust that nobody will pick them home? 

The road leading to the tourist attraction were lined with houses where locals lived. I was wondering, how much would these tourist affect their life. Again, I can see locals drying up radish. A very common sight in Aomori.

The residents homes.
Love the garden. chrysanthemum and cabbage were the common plants they grow. 
A 10 mins walk will lead us to the entrance. A couple of stall selling street food for the hungry tourist.


These beautiful stream and maple leaves greeted us just less than 10 mins walk from the entrance.

Beautiful leaves with bautiful streams





These pine trees were very old

We followed the crowd to hike up these stairs
Effort paid. Very beautiful park at the top of the hill.



Was excited to see this tree from far. I thought it was an orange tree. Up close, realised it is a persimmon tree. 
Farmers product.


How to get there?
Take a Konan train from Hirosaki Station to Kuroishi Station. Take a local bus to the mountain. Train 35mins cost me ¥470. Bus ride at ¥650 for 25mins. Yes, the bus fare cost more than the train fares. To know when to alight from the moving bus, we just need to follow the name of the bus stop for the next stop shown on the TV screen located in front of the bus. If we follow closely, we will not get lost.
Also do take note of the returning bus timing so that we will not miss the last bus.





No comments:

Post a Comment